06 November 2011

Time Travel

The 2012 Doomsayers can come up with some pretty crazy ideas, most of which have no basis in reality. But us normal everyday folk travel through time twice a year.  Today is one of those days where the government (the US government, in most states) mandates that we travel backwards in time one hour.

Yes, I know that we're not traveling backwards in time.  We're merely taking one hour from March and shoving it into November.  The purpose of such a thing was to give farmers more hours of daylight to work in the fields in the summertime.  I figure it would be easier if they just did everything an hour later.  We're not "saving" any daylight.  We're just fiddling with the clocks; creating chances for people to show up for work at the wrong time twice a year.

I don't find it annoying, but I do find it useless.  I read a quote, and I can't remember who it was by, nor can I remember the exact quote, so I'll do my best (and if anyone knows who said this, let me know): "How strange that the government thinks they can cut off the top of the blanket, and sew it to the bottom of the blanket, and think that they have a longer blanket."

No comments:

Post a Comment